Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
with Larry Goves, Cassandra Miller, Members of The House of Bedlam
14 - 24 August 2018
CAPPA will look at different ways of thinking about music, performance and composition.
This new course is aimed at open-minded composers and performers – a creative practice course where everyone might perform or create.
The starting point will be exploring how an alternative narrative of historical performance art fuses with experimental musical practice and can range from looking at different approaches to instruments; different roles in the creative process for performers and composers; fluidity between graphic, tablature and traditional notation and considering devised, ‘composed’ and improvisation practice to have similar statuses in the making of a new work.
The focus will be on everyone making new music, but there will also be opportunities to work on contemporary repertoire in a chamber music setting.
Applications are invited from creative performers (singers) and composers.
Final Concert: Friday 24 August
In association with ULYSSES NETWORK & CO-FUNDED BY CREATIVE EUROPE
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants after the registration deadline
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel (fully or partly according to each institution’s internal rules)
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
Public Performances: Final Recital on 24th August 2018
Subscription's Deadline: 6 November 2017 4pm GMT
Quota: 1 enoa singer and 1 enoa composer
Arrival date: 14th August 2018
Departure date: 24th August 2018
Tessitura: All voice types interest in contemporary repertoire
Programme to prepare: tbc