Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
with John Fisher, Julia Faulkner and Matthew Rose
10 - 16 June 2018
THE 21st CENTURY SINGER
Legendary vocal coach and Head of Music at The Metropolitan Opera, John Fisher joins forces with Julia Faulkner, who has established herself as one of the top voice teachers in the world, whose students read like the who’s who at international opera houses, including the Metropolitan Opera, La Scala, Vienna State Opera, Bavarian State Opera, San Fransisco Opera, and Lyric Opera of Chicago, among others. Together with acclaimed bass Matthew Rose this stellar team of tutors will examine what it means to be a singer in the 21st century and ask how we can lead the profession into the future. The course will take into account teaching traditions and values from both sides of the Atlantic. Intensive coaching in 1:1 sessions and public masterclasses will culminate in a final recital as part of the Aldeburgh Festival.
Repertoire choice for this course is free, but the final recital will focus on American and British songs.
Some classes will be open to the public.
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants after the registration deadline
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel (fully or partly according to each institution’s internal rules)
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
Public Performances: Final Recital on 16th June 2018
Subscription's Deadline: 6 November 2017 4pm GMT
Quota: 4 singers & 2 pianists recommended by enoa institutions
Arrival date: 10th June 2018
Departure date: 16th June 2018
Tessitura: all voice type
Programme to prepare: Free repertoire and one American/British Song