Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
with Klaus Bertisch
29 June - 07 July 2018
The Opera Creation Workshop is open each year to young creators from all disciplines and is a place for reflection and discussion on artistic opera-related issues. This workshop seeks to define current values of opera and the tasks it will assume in the future.
A process of reflection will take place, focussing equally on opera performance today and on the multidisciplinary aspects that it encompasses. Opera – as a genre, as a cultural offering and as a cultural practice – is the main subject of these discussions.
The dramaturge Klaus Bertisch, who works for the Dutch National Opera & Ballet in Amsterdam amongst other places, will be in charge of leading this workshop. No doubt he will be able to illustrate his ideas with real-life experience from his own career and open up the debate in a constructive manner.
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants after the registration deadline
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
Subscription's deadline: 1st December 2017
Selection criteria: Curriculum Vitae with picture / English cover letter / Work samples (mp3, photo, video, text, press book...)