Restricted area accessible to the enoa partners only.
with Stéphane Degout & Alain Planès
10 - 19 July 2018
With twenty years of experience behind it, the Académie strives to meet the needs and demands of the musical landscape in which it is situated. The establishment of a new residency devoted to the art of recital was therefore a must.
Giving pride of place to the repertoire of French melodies, this residency is intended for six already existing duos (singers and pianists) who wish to pursue their musical, poetic and aesthetic explorations while developing a sense of listening and sharing as well as intimacy and complicity.
Having taken part in a thousand-and-one musical evenings together, the baritone Stéphane Degout and the pianist Alain Planès share their advice and expertise with the talent, sophistication and generosity they are known for. Both are well-versed in the repertoire of French melodies, as well as the very form of the recital. Apart from the purely musical aspect, each duo will benefit from specific support in designing a relevant recital programme which they will put together.
Some work sessions (held in English) may be open to the public.
The residency will give rise to public concerts and events in June and in July, in Aix-en-Provence and the surrounding area. Educational meetings will be organised in conjunction with the Festival’s Passerelles services.
During the 2018-2019 season, the artists will perform their recital at the Festival d’Aix partner venues, after a short period of coaching with Stéphane Degout. One of which will take place at the MM Academy at La Monnaie / De Munt from 13th-15th March 2019.
- the artist must be connected to one of the 13 enoa member institutions
- the artist must contact his/her sending institution, which decides if they recommend his/her application
- the hosting institution confirms the list of participants after the registration deadline
- the network assumes the responsibility for the training fees, the costs of accommodation and travel (fully or partly according to each institution’s internal rules)
- per-diem are paid or not according to each institution’s internal rules
Public Performances: Some work sessions (held in English) may be open to the public. The residency will give rise to public concerts and events in June and in July, in Aix-en-Provence and the surrounding area. Educational meetings will be organised in conjunction with the Festival’s Passerelles services. During the 2018-2019 season, the artists will perform their recital at a Festival d’Aix partner venue, after a short period of coaching with Stéphane Degout.
Subscription's Deadline: 15th October 2017
Quota: 6 duos (Singers and Pianists under 30 years old on 1st January 2018 )
SINGER AND PIANIST APPLICATIONS
1. Shortlisting via application:
• Biography / CV and photo for each artist
• Audio or video recording(s), including 1 French melodie recorded by the duo
2. Final selection on audition (Paris or New York)
• Audition programme:
– 1 French melodie
– 1 piece (melody or opera) chosen by the candidate, in French language
• PARIS | Singers: 2017, December 13
Travel expenses (hotel, transport) of the artists auditioning in Paris will be reimbursed up to a value of €180, upon presentation of supporting documents. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed for artists auditioning in the United-States.
FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Master classes, accommodation and travel fees are covered by the Festival d’Aix. Artists pay for their meals.
Reimbursements are made on proof of purchase of a 2nd class return plane or train ticket between the artist’s town/city of residence and Aix/Marseille. Reimbursements are capped by geographical area: €80 (PACA Region), €210 (whole of France), €350 (Europe / Mediterranean), €500 (outside Europe and the Mediterranean)